Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Morning Serenade

Stephanie DeLange the daughter of  Songwriter / Bandleader Eddie DeLange stopped by the site for a visit this past week.  It seems to happen on a constant basis that in my search for John Bartee I cross paths with others who open up my life to the Music of some really talented individuals.  Eddie wrote some really poetic lyrics during his career, which like so many gifted individuals ended too soon.

Check out some of his work and those he worked with at his great website.  Even though he died in 1949 his Music is timeless in the thoughts & feelings which serenade the listener.

I felt this tune which he composed with Duke Ellington,  In my Solitude was fitting for this Sunday Morning Serenade.

                                                                                                    Thanks,  Eddie

Dianne Reeves ~ In my Solitude / Solitude


2 comments :

  1. Oh, my gosh. Thank you, David - for checking out our Eddie DeLange website and for featuring the Dianne Reeves "Solitude", THE absolute track I would have chosen from contemporary versions of DeLange songs. I'm also loving hearing all the Dexter Gordon as I write.

    And, more power to you in celebrating the arrangers. As I've recently read through lots of old newspaper clippings and some magazines from the 1930's, I have seen the names of arrangers go by. Most are unfamiliar to me, but they were clearly the valued makers of the sound.
    Thank you again, and congratulations on your beautiful site all loaded with goodies. - Stephanie DeLange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie,

    I agree the Arrangers of Music are very much overlooked. They often took black & white compositions, and painted them with color & emotions.

    Enjoy the Music of Life.

    ReplyDelete