A few posts back, I was thinking about influences on life, and earlier today I got a pleasant surprise that echoed just that. The website had a special visitor today, and he left a note, saying his mother was John Bartee's youngest sister. He briefly wrote about a memory from when he was a 4-year-old child in Burbank, California, and John visiting with him, bringing a guitar & a box of sheet music. Now John's nephew can't remember what his uncle looked like at that age, but to this day he remembers how the Guitar and the music stuff took him. He went on to start playing guitar at age 8, and upright and electric bass at 12. He will say Music was a gift, as will my own nephew, who has received that natural gift as well. We may watch and listen as they play different instruments and enjoy their talents... But I feel the Music is so much deeper in them than what we witness outwardly. A gift which they may not even have words for... A love & A life.
With that said, I'd like to change up the Jazz beat a little with some sounds that would have no problem sharing the room with those that came before.
I had only seen pictures of Johnny Alexander playing Bass; we have never met personally. Yet a few hours ago, I got to see & hear him perform thanks to the Internet.
Dave Crimmen & his Band
Dave Crimmen - Lead Vocals, Guitar Johnny Alexander - Bass Guitar Greg Windust - Drums
If you are near the San Mateo-San Francisco Area of California, you need to check out Dave Crimmen & his Band live. Check their schedule, and if you enjoyed the tunes above, they are burning things up on Myspace.
No comments :
Post a Comment